Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Birth Update

Well just a little about her birth and some pictures from her first week. Wednesday August 19th I woke up at 3 am my water broke, I woke Matt. I got to the hospital changed they checked and said wow you are a 9 with a lip we need to move you rooms Now. I walked to a delivery room second nurse checked me said you are ready, Sorry no drugs we are having this baby now. She proceeded to tell me to slow my breathing down. Well at 3:52 am she was born. After the delivery my doctor (who happen to already be at the hospital) turned to Matt pointed out the window and said if you plan on having any more kids you may want to consider one of these houses otherwise you better go take a class on how to deliver a baby. After delivery the nurse said lets see how long you have been here she looked up in the computer we had been checked into the hospital for 9 minutes. A natural birth is not exactly what I had in mind, but the recovery so much better. So that is a little about the birth, it was not as easy as it sounds I left details out that most do not want to hear.

2 comments:

BigJason said...

9 minutes. Melanie is going to hate you for that. :)

She is perfect, good job Amy!

Rob and Tiff said...

A natural birth isn't what you wanted but it doesn't sound like you had a choice in the matter. She was ready to meet the world. Congratulations! :)